Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First Blog... There will be more to come:)

This is my very first blog!!  I'm not exactly sure how I should approach this new venture but I am doing it as a way to network and spread the word about my new business, Step Ahead Educational Services.  I have been running the business for close to 6 months but I am just now really getting into the marketing aspect of it all... and I heard that blogging is a great way to market and get people familiar with what I have to offer :)  I have been a Special Education teacher for the past five years and when I decided to open my own learning center, I had no idea how much marketing and advertising would be involved!!  That type of work was definitely not what I was used to!!   I have become quite good at it, however, and am really starting to enjoy that part of the business.  I went to an amazing seminar last weekend called Skyrocket your Sales Summit.  I won admission to the seminar at a networking event in which I had attended the previous week so I decided to go.  I am so glad that I went.  It was amazing!  I not only learned about how to succeed in business, but I walked out of there realizing that the only way to succeed in anything, including business, is if you truly believe in yourself :)  That may seem obvious to some, but because owning a business is so new to me, I was occasionally self-doubting myself and not realizing that the self-doubt and fear was hindering me from achieving true success.  The seminar gave me the motivation that I needed and reinforced the notion of, Life is what you make of it. If you stay open to learning and stay positive inside and put in the effort to succeed, you will. 

One of my student's parents is an incredible spiritual author and I have been reading his book/journal each morning at work and thought that I would share his words of wisdom and encouragement with you all...
"A state of mind is transitory.  By forgetting who you truly are, you can fall into separateness and get lost in the smallness of worries.  There is freedom beyond perception, if you are willing to go there. This kind of clarity will awaken a compassion beyond judgement.  To dissolve delusions, you must choose to rid your mind of any of the perpetual beliefs in limitation, and remember your true Divine nature."

 I have attached a few pictures of last week's seminar along with a few others....  Enjoy!


 Public Speaking is not my strong suit!!  I was very nervous in this one:


Getting to know the wonderful fellow business women at the semiar:


 Group shot at the end of the seminar.  Rae Majors ran the show and she was great:


My business card:


Cool collage that Chris made for one of my ads:


1 comment: